Tuesday 15 June 2010

At Last, a Twenty

A twenty-pound plus carp has finally graced my net and it feels long overdue. At 21lb exactly it is the heaviest thing I have had the privilege of lifting out of the water.

It has taken me a while to reach this milestone and, although it has taken me a little longer than I would of liked, I  am delighted to have finally achieved it.

The bite came at 6 o'clock in the morning after an uneventful night. One of those moments where your glad that nobody was watching; can't seem to find the zip on your sleeping bag, forgot how to open the bivvy, legs having trouble going one in front of the other and then, once i'd finally reached my 'screaming reel', completely forgotten how to operate it.

Somehow the fish found its way to then net and it was such a fantastic feeling to finally put a twenty on the mat. The lads in the next swim kindly did the honours with the camera before I 'slipped' her back.

What could follow that? Breakfast! Bugger...forgot to bring the bacon! Never mind, beans on toast never tasted so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment